- This event has passed.
Workshop: The Dance of Intentions – HOLSTEBRO
23. July @ 08:00 – 5. August @ 17:00
With actress and educator Roberta Carreri
At this summer workshop, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a 14-day workshop with Roberta Carreri.
Roberta Carreri joined Nordisk Teaterlaboratorium – Odin Teatret in 1974 and she has been part of ISTA (International School of Theater Anthropology) since its foundation in 1980. Carreri’s work as an actor and teacher has been shaped by her encounter with performance techniques from Japan, India, Bali and China. At home and abroad, The Dance of Intentions is a recognized and a sought-after masterclass.
Participants work on creating bodily and vocal actions, and how these actions are performed with different qualities of energy. This is done, among other things, through slow-motion movement exercises. Finally, the workshop focuses on vocal training with the body as a sounding board and the relationship between vocal and physical actions.
In this masterclass, the focus is on the individual actor’s presence in the space and in relation to the other actors on stage; on how to be present in the action you are performing and at the same time ready to react.
Work on “in-tention” and how to achieve dynamic immobility. The workshop also explores the different energy qualities of the gaze and participants learn how to identify and work with the points in the body where the conductive impulse of a movement originates.
The purpose is to convey the basis for an acting education that can help young actors discover their “stage presence” by exploring a formalized stage behavior and to offer experienced actors a way to free themselves from automatisms and incorporated clichés.
Registration and costs:
- 6000 kr. Dkk. / 806,00 € regular price
- 5000 kr. Dkk. / 672,00 € Early Bird – apply until May 21
- 4500 kr. Dkk. / 605,00 € Students* / Group discount for participants from the same organization/institution
*Students must present a valid student card to receive the discount
Included in price:
- Access to working spaces and common areas, such as Music room, Library, Archive and Video room
- Accommodation in shared room, bathroom and showers
- Kitchen facilities to prepare and eat inducing fridges to keep personal food
- Acces to washing machine
- Travel to and from the theater
Background could be actors, theatre students, dancers, performers, musicians, and anyone with a passion and interest in discovering techniques and tools of theatre practice
- Early bird application until May 21
- General application until June 19
Selected participants will receive a confirmation email by June 20.
Payment for the workshop is due by June 26.
- Participants will arrive at the theater on July 23 and leave on August 5, 2023
- The workshop will be held in English and the leader can communicate in Danish, Italian and Spanish
- All participants will receive an official Certificate of Participation